What is GRSS?
The Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) is a technical Society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). GRSS fosters engagement of its members for the benefit of society through science, engineering, applications and education as related to the development of the field of geoscience and remote sensing. GRSS is one of the 39 societies of IEEE, the largest academic and professional society with about 430,000 members in 160 countries. GRSS has more than 4200 members in 94 countries. It has currently 79 chapters all over the world (16 of them are student chapters), and 11 ambassadors.
The following objectives are envisaged:
• Provide basic insights in to fundamentals of Digital Agrisciences.
• Provide hands on training to reinforce the theoretical concepts.
• Provide a platform to interact with eminent subject matter experts and discuss their ideas.
• Provide directions to budding researchers in publishing research articles.
• Discuss funding opportunities or fellowships to continue their research.
• Gain awareness of the forward-looking technologies and their scope in agriculture – artificial intelligence, remote sensing, crowdsourcing, and big data analytics to bring a ease in the society.
• Understand how to empower smallholder farmers through ICT/Digital Tools in market access.
• To disseminate the area of Remote sensing for research and increase membership of GRSS.